About Anderson Opticians
Anderson Opticians has been in Belfast for over 70 years. It was originally founded as Andrew Smyth Ltd in 1938 in premises in Bridge Street.
The Belfast Blitz of 1941 damaged the premises and the firm moved to the newly built North Street Arcade.
Over the years, the business was passed on to Andrew’s son Hugh, then on to Eric Anderson and on to his son Stephen, the current owner.
The arcade was badly damaged many times in the bombing campaign in the 70’s and 80’s, so we decided to move to our new bright modern premises in Church Lane in 2001.
We have great pride in our long tradition of friendly personal service and have clients who still return from as far afield as Canada, USA, Spain and Sweden.
15 Church Lane
Tel No: 028 9032 3736